Municipality of Tubod
During the administration of President Carlos P. Garcia, by virtue of his Executive Order No. 269 dated September 18, 1958, a new municipality was created. This was taken from the portion of the Municipality of Mainit. The first Executive Office of the town was Mayor Paciano Mosquito.
According to some aged people, a certain Agustin Mendez owned almost all of the entire Poblacion area. He donated the entire seat of the municipal government where the municipal edifies stands. Along its boundaries and center lines emerge plenty of springs which they call in their own tongue “tubod.” Thus, the municipality of Tubod was born.