Gov. Francisco T. Matugas issued EO No. 21-029, s. 2021 “An Order Imposing Stricter Temporary Measures to Travelers Going to or Passing Through the Province of Surigao del Norte as well as Temporary Prohibition of Face-to-face Meetings, Trainings and Seminars” for the period starting from 11 August 2021 to 22 August 2021with the following salient features:
1. Suspension of air and sea travel of passengers for Surigao del Norte coming from Luzon and Visayas on August 11 – 22, 2021;
2. No tourists shall be allowed to come to Surigao del Norte on August 11 – 22, 2021;
3. Provincial checkpoints shall be set up in all points of entry in this province;
4. Face-to-face meetings, trainings and seminars shall be temporarily prohibited from 11 August 2021 to 22 August 2021; and
5. Mandatory travel protocols and requirements for exempt individuals.